Friday, December 17, 2010

7 years gone, where to now?

Hey guys.  Well, if you don't already know, I've been asked to "part ways" with my Christian rock band.

Before you get angry or upset at them, let me tell you that some of their complaints of me were valid, but I think most weren't.  They were not happy last year when I contracted whooping cough and was out for 4 months, unable to talk let alone sing.  Luckily for the band, Shandi stepped into the spotlight as lead vocals and carried them well into their gigs.  I am grateful to have had Shandi then and grateful to still know her now.  She is a sweetheart and I will always hold a special place for her in my heart.

In any event, I'm out, which leads me to prayer.  I need to ask God what His wishes for me are.  Does He still want me to sing for Him?  If so, shall I go alone or find another band?  So many questions.

I will never stop singing for the Lord, be it at home or on stage somewhere.  I love Him so much and I owe my very life to Him.

So, Lest We Boast will go down in history as part of my past now.  I learned a lot while in the band and got the opportunity to have my songs played for quite a bit of people on occasion.  I'll forever be grateful to God and the band for allowing me to share in that entire experience.  I have no regrets, only vivid, fond memories :)  Thank you Lest We Boast, and may God bless you in your next venture!

Keep me in your prayers people, Lord knows I can use them right now.  I'll keep you updated on any musical leads coming my way in the meantime.  God bless you all.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment