Sunday, May 23, 2010

New to Blogging

Well, I knew the time would come, especially since I love to talk.  A blog.  My blog.  What in the world will I talk about, and more importantly, will anyone read it?

For those of you that know me personally, I won't have to tell you anything about me.  You know my "ways" as it were.  For those of you who only know me via the internet, well ... let's talk. (grin)
I am a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, and a cousin.  I am an avid believer and follower of Jesus Christ and His word.  I am extremely passionate about the injustices that happen to our children.  I love animals.  I have a huge broken heart for the missing children & adults in our world.  My compassion level is off the charts which mostly only leads me to a heavy, broken heart at times.

My life philosophy is, if I have it and you need it, it's yours.  I don't put much value in material things, but it is nice to have them (if they are within your means).  I would much rather prefer to share a thought, opinion, a memory, or a hug with someone.  I'd rather laugh, cry, hold hands, or scare the living daylights out of my best friend. (grin)  My point being, people are more important than "things".  I love shaping the minds of my children.  I love giving them options and direction to their little lives.  I like making them USE their minds.  I teach them there are consequences to every choice in life they will make, so choose wisely and choose biblically.

I am the oldest of 5 children (my mother was blessed with 2 sets of twins and me).  I think you learn different things when you're the oldest, which is great.  I was born a leader with a voice.  Not only a singing voice, but an opinion.  About what you ask?  Well, anything really.  I don't force my opinions on people, I just offer them up like a plate of food to a hungry person.  It's their choice if they want it. (smile)
I've been blessed to have been in some low places in my life.  Blessed?!  Yup.  See, if I hadn't have gone through all the "downs" in my life, all the hard times, I may not be here writing this today.  God has strengthened me, and has brought me through many a wilderness and trials.  Now, I can testify to all about the magnitude of His word, His promises, and His truth.  I live because of Him.  I testify because I love Him.  There is no measure of thanks I can give Him except my love, and willingness to live for Him, therefore I do.

I may never have a million readers.  I may only have one (ty 1st Assembly of God).  What is important is that I am sharing.  Myself.  The Word of God.  My gigs.  My life.  My gratitude and my love.

God bless you.  I hope you find my first "official" blog post to your liking.  Be a blessing to someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment